- Retired investors should appropriately be more concerned about safety and growth of income than about earning high returns.
- Retired investors no longer have the opportunity for pay raises associated with working.
- Most recognized blue-chip dividend paying stocks have been in business for many decades, and in some cases for a century or more.
- Many Dividend Champions have increased their dividends for 40, 50 or more years in a row.
- The notion that blue-chip Dividend Champions are too risky for retired investors is greatly exaggerated.